Power cord or conditioner for ARC VT100?

I have an ARC VT100MkII with the stock power cord that I'm plugging directly into the wall....I would like to get a power conditioner with surge suppression, & am also considering a power cord upgrade. Any advice? Two other factors: I'm using a Power Foundation III for my source components & preamp (which has no surge supression). Also, my outlets (older house) are not grounded. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks....
steveaudio

Showing 2 responses by kevperro

Try a resonable power cord before upgrading. I've built a couple dozen of the Bob Crump design DIY power cable and it really rocks for the $$$$. You can buy a built one for less than $50.00 and if you later want to try more expensive cables at least you have a quality reference to start with.
Ohh... please spend some money on grounding your system and changing your outlets. You don't need to spend a lot of money. Get the Pass & Seymour 5242 outlets and hire a electrician to run a ground to the fuse box. I would also recommend upgrading your house ground with 2 or three grounding rods. If you have the old alluminum house wiring you might ask how much for improved Cu Romex.