Power cord or conditioner for ARC VT100?

I have an ARC VT100MkII with the stock power cord that I'm plugging directly into the wall....I would like to get a power conditioner with surge suppression, & am also considering a power cord upgrade. Any advice? Two other factors: I'm using a Power Foundation III for my source components & preamp (which has no surge supression). Also, my outlets (older house) are not grounded. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks....
steveaudio

Showing 1 response by gmorris

I hae tried the King Cobra on my VT100 MKII and the results were excellent. The KC was the only power cord that I tried that I preferred, overall, to the stock cord. Other power cords such as the Black Mamba, Electrglide,Audio Magic Illusion and ESP outperformed the stock cord in some areas. However, on balance I preferred the stock cord. But, I could not justify spending $2000 on a power cord. So, I ended up with a RGPC for about $500. I plugged my PH2, LS25 and VT100 MKII in the RGPC. The improvement in the overall musical presentaion was signifcant. If cost is a factor, I would recommend the RGPC