Power Cord Advice

I have the following amps in my system, Acurus A250, A200, and A150. Would I realize a noticeable improvement in sound and dynamics with higher quality power cords. Also do other components in my system need upgraded power cords or just the amps. Thank you so much for your help. Rick
rlambertaa54

Showing 6 responses by sol322

Group count me in!!!!!!! I'm definitely looking for upgrading the junk stock wires on my equipment and have been installing Hubbell 5266 with very good success in monster HT 2000 and MIT Z Cord II(what an improvement) that feeds my amplifier... I'm also into taking out the molded IEC on the MIT because I'M SURE I´LL GET BETTER SOUND !!!! as has happened everytime I work on this. Please provide more details on cable...... I don´t recall what gauge the MIT Z cord is. Hints anyone?
For clarification, KACZ as well as Albert Porter mentions, please e-mail the material list specially the cable..... e-mail ktm322@racsa.co.cr Thanks
Any of you have information on Audioquest CA 15 and CA -12 power cords? There are very good price offers on them. Thanks
Any of you have information on Audioquest CA 15 and CA -12 power cords? Reviews or experiences to share There are very good price offers on them. Thanks
Carl and Albert: It´s a very good sign for me to see you guys coming with a "balancing" comment here. Albert very good point there are other alternatives with shielded cable (stranded though) that could be used from Belden for the power cord.... It all depends on where in the stairway of improvements you are now... As metioned for me almost for sure will get improvements on stock cords but I'm taking my time considering the options in order to do it the best I can. My in-wall wiring is stranded 12ga. and for the amp I'm going to go to at least 10 (still stranded though. I'm looking for solid wire sources at this point). Carl : I agree on the need of PLC for front end in spite of wire age or type in general. You´re confirming my impression that MIT is 14x3 gauge. In my opinion changing the plug in it made an improvement that I personally like, as we all know from many threads it´s a matter of try and decide I´ve compared the Hubbell wall plates vs Eagle or Leviton they are very similar though I consider the construction and finish quality slightly better in Hubbell's (talking hospital grades here) As you point in the last lines of your comment, definitely safety is a first priority. Have you experienced any of the directionality issues mentioned about in-wall wiring mentioned elsewhere. Regards