Power Cable for CDP

Hi all. For the last 2 years I’ve been using Oyaide Tunami 2 power cables on amps, CDP and power distributor. Anyone who knows these knows they they are an outstanding 10AWG OCC virgin copper cable. Sound can be best described as detailed, lush and FAT. Conceptually I get the need to feed a hi power amplifier with as much power as you can; usually only achievable with a heavy gauge power cable.

I’m considering using a lighter gauge cable (13AWG) for source and wondering if anyone has any experience in mixing cable gauges depending on equipment connected to the cable? Am I likely to get more speed, air, instrument separation etc?

Thanks

kaipau

@habermas the AQ Z3 is a great cable, i use it from the Niagara 1200 to the wall socket, an AQ NG Edison receptacle.

So- I went for the the Neotech Nep‑3003 iii shielded silver plated, UP OCC copper and mated it to IeGO silver plated IEC/Schuko. 

Did I achieve what I wanted? Yes.

Did I get more than I bargained for? Yes. Glare. Still barely 10 hours on it but detail in spades, incredible speed, massive sound stage marred by a bit of glare. I'm hoping a few hundred hours burn in will remove the glare.

Perhaps mating it to pure copper connectors would remove the glare, but my next upgrade is going to be a new CDP. Anyone any experience of the Musical Fidelity current NuVista CD?