Power Cable ~ $300 - Which to get? Nordost, Audioquest, Furutech, Shunyata, Zavfino?

I just upgraded to an Audioquest NRG-4 for my amp, which already has made a bit of a difference, however, I am getting a new Audioquest Power bar/conditioner, and wanna connect the entire thing to the wall (will be wired nicely later).

I was told to get the best cable I can get from the power strip to the wall... hence looking for a mid-range power cord, say between $300-400 and not too bulky with some flexiblity... what do you guys recommend? Audioquest Monsoon? Nordost Blue Haven? Furutech, Shunyata in that price range... or Zavfino which is the only one making OCC cable in that price range! Even if a bit higher it's ok, as there are always specials here or there.

Any ideas? Suggestions?
alexb76

Showing 2 responses by orenstein

You should really consider Luna Cables.  I did, and bought an entire top of their line set.  They make 5 grades:

Grey
Orange 
Blue
Red
Black
Their entry levels are quite reasonable 
ypingping......
At their higher levels (red and black) they use "old new wire", meaning wire that was originally produced back in the 40's.  As you can imagine, this is very rare, but is supposed to have properties that newer wire does not have.  I'm no expert on the technical aspects of anything, but Danny Labrecque, who is a co-owner of Luna and the man who actually builds all of their cables can surely address any and all questions you might have.  You can reach him at lunacables@gmail.com .