Positioning B&W 802’s with spikes in hardwood?

I’m about to spike my new B&W 802’s, directly into hardwood for best sound, but I can’t fathom how to accomplish that with ultra-precise positioning of my speakers which happen to weigh 180 pounds. I feel like when I move the speakers on to their sides, to replace the rollers with the massive spikes, that when I rock the speaker back up it will be impossible to re-attain the precise position that the speakers were in with the rollers.

Can anyone offer advice on how to best accomplish this?

My poor floor has quite a few little holes from where my prior speakers (which were half the weight of my new speakers) were spiked. This was from getting the positioning just right. I can’t do that again with the weight of my new speakers and the absolutely massive size of the new spikes.

By the way, for my prior speakers I found that installing the spikes led to a drastic improvement to the “solidity” and grip of the sound.  And not just in the bass!

nyev

@nyev Could you possibly share your impressions when you get them installed and have a handle on what improvements they make?  I’m planning on getting them in the near future so would be good to hear from someone here with a good system.  I’d love to put Townshend platforms/podiums under everything, but with two kids headed toward college that’ll have to wait.