Porter Ports or Cabledyne Cryo Hubbell 5362

Just as I was about to purchase 3 Porter Ports yesterday, a friend of mine drew my attention to a new offering on the market, cryoed HBL 5362 by Cabledyne (www.cabledyne.com). Price wise there is considerable difference (as it appears to me): Porter Ports sell of $36 ea. + $12 shipping (for up to 3 units) against $25 each with free US shipping currently being offered by Cabledyne. My heart says Porter Port, but my mind -possibly biased by my friend - says Cabledyne.
Would greatly appreciate the advice from and personal experience/comparison from fellow audiogoners.
thank you in advance.
lall

Showing 6 responses by theaudiotweak

Chinkwan

are ya just visiting for the day? is that why your in such a hurry. Tom
Single outlets are the best sounding because they have less resonance..see the Hubbell HBL5361. Mounting screws are ferrous but those can easily be changed. Stainless steel is very slightly magnetic , go with brass. Tom
Lall

The single plug has less mass suspended upon the same amount of brass so the plug will transfer resonance faster. There are many more things that can be done to complete this whole transfer process. The empty plug test could provide insight if you used a cheater plug and stick it in the unused receptacle. This way you would be filling the empty contacts and have only one variable. Let us know. Tom
Going with the Hubbell 5361 all brass single outlet. Will have to make my own custom mounted face plate 6 of them all double cryo'd out of .5 inch aluminum plate. These will be mechancally grounded. I now use the Furutech copper IEC connectors on my power cords. Tom
I sent 8 Hubbell 5361 single outlets to be double cryo'd. I have 3 20 amp dedicated circuits in use and will replace the current FMS outlets with these. I have some 2024 aluminum 1/2 plate that I will have sized and cut to fit the outlets. These finished plates will be for wall mounting the outlets. The aluminum plates will be mechanically grounded to the concrete wall behind with brass rod and some special Audio Points. Tom
The 6 single, double cryo'd Hubbell 5361's I installed with all non ferrous hardware and stainless steel cover plates sound wonderful. Less to resonate. Tom