Porter Ports or Cabledyne Cryo Hubbell 5362

Just as I was about to purchase 3 Porter Ports yesterday, a friend of mine drew my attention to a new offering on the market, cryoed HBL 5362 by Cabledyne (www.cabledyne.com). Price wise there is considerable difference (as it appears to me): Porter Ports sell of $36 ea. + $12 shipping (for up to 3 units) against $25 each with free US shipping currently being offered by Cabledyne. My heart says Porter Port, but my mind -possibly biased by my friend - says Cabledyne.
Would greatly appreciate the advice from and personal experience/comparison from fellow audiogoners.
thank you in advance.
lall

Showing 5 responses by lak

La11,
Very interesting reading, thank you for all the hours you put into the testing and writting the review.
Best Regards,
As you know there comes a time when one grows tired of making all the comparisons and tweaks and just wants to relax and enjoy the music. I believe thats where I am now at this particular time in life. A few years ago (or more LOL) I stopped auditioning outlets and I fell behind the curve of knowledge, but I still enjoy reading these posts :-).
I've moved on to the Furutech GTX-D Rhodium (R) outlets, that I prefere.
In my opinion the music I listen to (all types) sounds better.
More dynamic and better micro details.
@meles I run 10 gauge wire to my AC outlets also, and it’s a major pain to put outlets in and out, especially because my outlets are hard to get to.

Over the years I’ve tortured myself demoing various outlets. I’ve always preferred outlets that were cryogenically treated, after break in of course. That’s why I’m personally happy with my Furutech GTX-D Rhodium (R) outlets and am not planning on putting other outlets in or out...

I’m not saying there is nothing better, I’m just done switching those outlets in and out.

I had one Maestro outlet in my system and unfortunately, I was disappointed with it. Perhaps I had a bad one because the sucker broke (back strap) while it was in the outlet box after having the power cord plugged in and out about a dozen times. I also don’t think the Maestro outlet held up to the 10 gauge wire.

As far as wall plates are concerned, I do have a couple of the Furutech Duplex Cover Plates 104-D.

I recommend you try the inexpensive Pass & Seymour Legrand outlet cover. The back side of the cover has a built in support structure. Pass & Seymour TP8ICP TradeMaster One-Gang, Duplex Outlet Wall Plate: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BQ7TCA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1