PMC 24 and Canalis Cambria two way floorstanders; What is the advantage to this design?:

I recently noticed several 2 way floor standers, in particular, the PMC.24 ($6000 retail) and the Canalis Cambria  at $5000 retail.  Pro-AC and  Spendor also offer a few 2 way floorstanders

Is there any advantage to a 2 way floor stander  to a 3 way system??

I am aware that less drivers and crossovers, and a slimmer cabinet "usually" provide better sound quality; However, the retail prices of the above don't seemed to represent "good value".

Thank you, S.J. 

sunnyjim

Showing 3 responses by itzhak1969

I owned all my life 3 way speakers , and 4 years ago bought the Proac 140 MKII 2.5 way design actually it’s a 2 way design with double mid/bass drivers and found it’s the best design I ever heard ,the bass don’t punch in your face as 3 way speakers with dedicated bass drivers tend to do the bass is more organic and natural, the second advantage the double mid/bass drivers produce more dynamics and details than 2 way typical speakers with one mid/bass driver.
Buying speakers on line without a demo based solely on reviews and forum members' opinions is a big gamble, I did this mistake once in the past and sold the speakers after less than a year.
Your system certenly deserve much better speakers than the GET  , I can recommend speakers with pro/studio approach: ATC,Proac,PMC,Spendor or Bryston. You can't go wrong with this brands.