plugging a Cdplayer to Vintage sx-880 Pioneer

do i need some attenuator because signal ouput from Cd player is higher than the tape inputs Thanks
luislunacortez

Showing 7 responses by luislunacortez

thanks but i tried both Aux and monitor tape 1 or 2 i dont understand why the monitor tapes inputs sounds better to me and the aux sounds louder but too much mids a highs a little bit exagerated i read many people prefer the monitor over the aux .

People said output of cdp are 2V and input line are 150mv and so .
Claim that for aux is 13X times more and for monitor inputs are only 6X times and these can damage the receiver Thanks
Loudness is off
i  ve already had the same services file  from that data base well what i m trying to do now is adjust dc power offset to hjave the same level in each channel because now right channel is louder but the diagram is uncomplete picture and instructios refering some pointed numbers not showed at photo ????? Thanks

• according service manual 

• input/sensitivity
  • phono 2.5mV/50kohms
  • AUX  150mV/50kohms
  • tape play  1 an 2 the same  150mV/50kohms

Thanks

final words could the cdp causes some damage to the receiver components we dont the tolerances of the inputs (maximous ) 
Thanks
i have Pioneer CDL D504 (old laser disc ) as a cd player opinions about this old good player is good sounding piece?
do i need to overhaul or some maintenance ?
i only clean the laser with a Cd lens cleaner
Thanks
After your knowledge and learned understanding cdp & vintage receiver now i m receiving advises for a good matching cdp for my SX-880 Thanks guys