Please tell me the wait will be work it......my rack

The supply chain issues have certainly sucked. I am waiting for the LAST piece of my set up.....my rack. I’ve been waiting over a year for all my components to come in and the rack has been the longest wait. Please tell me it’s worth the time and $$$ or offer other options for consideration that may be more available. My brother offered Critical Mass but I am trying to save a few bucks, and not clear if they have the same supply issues. Appreciate your thoughts in advance.

Lance

meadski

I can't believe guys seriously recommend VTI racks, especially in a thread where OP has a CMS on order! The VTI racks are adequate for displaying a toy collection. Not for housing a high-end system. Definitely very bad for supporting a turntable. I've seen very nice tables struggle with feedback issues on a VTI and on my Lovan (which is very similar to VTI, but more rugged). Filling the legs with sand or shot actually makes everything worse, because the main problem with these racks is they lack rigidity (because they're cheap as hell). When I upgraded from the Lovan to a CMS Maxxum, all the feedback issues went away. ALL of them. It was orders of magnitude in difference.

I'm now putting together a 2nd system and have to use a nice turntable on the Lovan again (for the time being), and I hate it. I have an extra CMS platform I'm using which actually helps a lot, but the rack underneath really needs to be more rigid. 

OP, your CMS Maxxum is one of the finest components money can buy - treat it as a major component, not an accessory. If your system is high-dollar, proudly run you gear on it! It's a statement piece that will make you smile every time you see and hear it. I know CM has had some production issues since they moved the factory last year. But it's worth the wait. I've had mine over 5 years now. 

I recently used a home depot butcher block top and Kreg workbench legs to hold my two chassis preamp.  $225.  Sounded great.  I am a woodworker hobbyist but too many projects for house in front of that.  Eventually changed the layout cause I couldn't easily get to the monoblock amp terminals under the stand due to front crossbrace.  I am currently using the cheaper solid steel, target, early 2000's turntable stands, sound organization and sound anchor.  All sound good, just using what i have.  And I used the boards and cinder blocks recently.......