Please recommend preamp

I'm new at this but am trying to put together a nice system primarily for a large vinyl collection that can also play CDs and probably either a tuner or cassette player. I will have speakers in two rooms, neither very large. I started with the JBL 4312 speakers from my youth for the bedroom and then bought JBL L150As for the living room for $950.  I just got a QSC RMX2450 amp in excellent condition for $300. I think my next step is a pre-amp. What would be a good bet for around $1000?  I'm hoping to get it right the first time rather than test-drive and buy and sell; really, I just want to listen to my records.
takeum0ut
Looking back at your original post I totally agree with elevick on the QSC. I don't know the JBL 150a but I do know the L100 very well and can only guess they have a similar sound. Not sure with newer more revealing gear you're going to really hear it or might hear the limitations of the older JBLs. Not bashing the JBLs but I'd look at a vintage Marantz 2265B, 2270 or something from that era. What is your current turntable set up? Are you also wanting to run both sets of speakers off the one system? Older Marantz receivers will sound nice and be a good match with the JBLs and I suspect that's the sound you're looking for. Nothing wrong with the pairing.
If you decide on replacing your amp, you might consider looking into an integrated amplifier. At the price points under consideration here, you would be likely to get a greater return on investment. 

Thanks mesch, adg101, and earlier posters. Guess I'm into buying and selling whether I intended to be or not if I have to get rid of the QSC...oh well.

I would be OK with just hooking up the JBL 150As and using my current system for the 4312s. I'm hoping to keep my current turntable, a YAMAHA P-520.

What do you think of using the NAD C-375BEE w/MM/MC phono integrated solid state unit for sale on this site?

(almarg: I did search for the Classe CP-50 or 60, but so far no luck.)
(adg101: I haven't investigated the Parasound yet.)
There's also a local guy selling a Harmon Kardon Citation Series 25 Preamp w/ a choice of 22 and/or 24 Power Amp. The 22 is 200watts into 8 ohms and the 24 is 100 watts per channel.
Regarding the NAD C-375BEE, if you haven’t already seen it you’ll want to read this review, which glowingly praises its sonics aside from those of the optional phono stage and the built-in headphone amp. Which of course, given that reviews should not be taken as gospel, is not to say that you or others wouldn’t be pleased with the phono stage. But you might want to consider the other 375BEE that is presently listed at Audiogon, apparently without a phono stage but with a manufacturer’s warranty. It could of course be used with a separately purchased standalone phono stage.

Regarding the HK units, as I said in connection with the Nakamichi preamp you mentioned earlier I personally would be hesitant to go with a 1980’s product, as I would expect that eventually if not sooner capacitors would need replacement, and there would be significant risk of other condition-related issues. Especially in the case of a solid state product, for which both the availability of replacement parts and the difficulty of their installation often tend to be more problematical than in the case of tube-based products.
I had looked at the NAD C165BEE on this site...my QSC amp would "melt" it?
Since Elevick has not yet responded, I’ll take the liberty of clarifying his comments. The QSC amp would not have any adverse effects on the C165BEE or any other preamp. He was referring to NAD and other home-oriented power amplifiers, which he had found could not stand up to the rigors of commercial use. And he was implying that in contrast QSC amps were designed with ruggedness rather than sonics as the main priority. And that you may therefore do better in terms of sonics with an amp designed for use in the home.

I have no experience with QSC or other such products, so while that strikes me as certainly being a legitimate concern I can’t comment specifically. I’m just offering an interpretation of his comments.

Regards,
-- Al