Please advise on second amp for my B&W 801 S2

Current system: Balanced Audio VK-31SE, BAT CD, B&W 801 S2 BAT VK-500 and Wireworld wires both AMP and Pre.
Looking for help on another AMP for mids and tweeters. I would like to stay with a BAT product and interested in trying a tube AMP vs. SS. Is this a good scenario to trial a VK-55 or 60? I have a large room (28' x 32')and do enjoy filling the space with sound. The 801's are currently on the floor and I have also considered stands? I very much enjoy the sound of the 801's yet feel they would perform better with an additional AMP.Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Dan
brutus123
Are you thinking of doing this to deal with the harshness in the high frequencies, or is there no problem and you just want to play your music louder?
make sure that the VK-55/60 has the same input sensitivity & the same (voltage) gain as your existing amp so that both amps will drive the speaker inputs with the same voltage level.
Thanks for the comments and info.
The primary reason for my interest in the addition of this VK-60 AMP is increasing overall performance (sonics/how musical, influence on highs and mids). I am also interested in learning how the tube amp handles the additional WATTS.How WATTS influence volume.. My BAT preamp tops out on volume at 140 on the dial, I can comfortably listen at 105. I am not concerned to go louder as much I am interested to see how the additional amp will influence sonics and overall performance.

The VK-500 has a low input sensitivity of 87 ish, so I need to find out the level on the VK-60. I was interested to see if anyone was currently using this combination.
The VK-500 has a low input sensitivity of 87 ish, so I need to find out the level on the VK-60. I was interested to see if anyone was currently using this combination.
Brutus123
no, that's not what I meant. I meant what is the max input signal in volts to get the max output power.
For example, for my amp it is 1V for max power of 300W into 8 Ohms.
what your volume knob setting is does not matter.....
if this info isnt in your owners manual, call up BAT. I'm sure that Victor Khomenko will advise you correctly....