Planar Speakers and Diffusors

I have the Clarisys Speakers. They are the Planar type. I would like to treat the wall behind the speakers. I have been told not use any type of sound absorber, so I am interested in the GIK Acoustics Q7d Diffusor

I have a large 85" TV in between the speakers, so the only area that can be treated is behind the Planers. Check out my systems page.

I have yet to find a review of these diffusors, so has anyone used these and can comment on the effectiveness?

ozzy

128x128ozzy

Showing 2 responses by tom8999

Ozzy - thanks for this discussion - I have been a fan of planer speakers since 1982. I have stuck with Magnapan all these years. Got my Maggie 1.6qrs modified by Peter Gunn when I retired 3 years ago. They keep improving - I guess there is a real issue on Maggie panels when they moved from copper wire to aluminum wire. My Maggie 1.7is do not compete on vocal and horn ‘quality’ vs the modified 1.6qrs. I also have worried about the ‘flat screen TV’ between both systems and it’s affect on sound stage, imaging and sound quality in general. I am also over the Moon happy with The Swarm subs with my Modified 1.6qrs. I am considering some sound absorption panels or a ‘blanket’ over the TV screen during ‘serious listening ‘ sessions.

Mijostyn - I am a retired Chemist - not an Electrical Engineer - how do I cut off my Maggie’s at 100 hertz and let The Swarm take care of all the base requirements for my system?

Ozzy, Duke and Mijostyn - thank you all for the discussions about planer speakers and optimizing the room acoustics to improve the System’s sound performance. I have started my own investigations on improving my own listening room, and you guys have definitely helped me look in what I think are some positive areas for this improvement. 

Thanks again.

Tom8999