Pioneer DV-AX10

Hello, have a question for ya'll...

Anybody know where I can have a Pioneer DV-AX10 repaired?

Such a beautiful unit that I'm really bumming about not being able to have this repaired.
128x128joysjane

Showing 5 responses by tom6897

What issue are you having? I have repaired three myself. Maybe able to offer some assistance 🤔
Are you technically inclined?
As with most repairs on older equipment it depends on the issue and parts availability or technical know how. I was a huge fan of Pioneer Elite had a few of there TV's ($4-6k) and several DVD /SACD players, DV 45?, 47AVI, and 59AVI. Also some Sony ES. I still is a Sony ES 9100 and have had the "No Disc" and  "Cannot Read disc" errors.  Drawer hang-up...etc. Typically, at least for me they were easy fixes and only required minor adjustments inside the unit. I am NOT a repair tech. (ex DoD, and Financial Advisor Principal/CEO.
Where are you located? Are you okay with removing the top and messing around a little? I am in SW Ohio btw. 
It is a shame that a top tier electronics company cannot support those who made them millions without charging huge sums of money to repair their previous models.  Which were very very good IMO.
I believe or read somewhere that Esoteric and Ayre keep 15-20% of whatever they sold in spare parts so that they can service the ones that unfortunately experience failure. Mostly drives, laser assemblies and power supplies. Maybe a few main boards as well.Â