Pioneer DV-37 vs. Sony DVP-9000ES

I have been waiting for the new Pioneer DV-37 progressive scan DVD player to be released, and noticed that Sony will release the DVP-9000ES soon. I am wondering which DVD player will have the best picture. Pioneer has always edged out Sony in picture quality, if not ergonomics. The new DVP-9000ES has a new 12 bit video DAC, and the Pioneer has a 10 bit. As a soon to be buyer I want the best video quality first, audio second. The SACD capability of the Sony throws a monkey wrench into the decision. It will be very hard to compare the two machines now. Even IF the Pioneer beat the Sony in a direct video comparison, the SACD factor is a big plus if it sounds anywhere near as good as their more expensive SACD players. Any advice or opinions would be most appreciated.
bmpnyc

Showing 1 response by bezeemya

I truly love my 9000es. Easily replaced the dv37. Detach. cord is also nice. 36XBR400 mates very well. No need to adjust things on the 9000es much. Picture is so film like out of the box. It will replace the Audio Refinement cd complete If the 9000es outperforms it. Tray can be pain if discs not centered. Unplayable cdr's also a minor setback. SACD's will have to be ordered via mail as no local suppliers.