Pink Floyd Aficionados

So as we progress on our audiophile journey one of the greatest rewards is hearing something new in a recording that we've never heard before; at least it is for me.

I have heard Animals easily a hundred times since it's release.

This has to do with the Sheep track.

I placed a new to me preamp in the chain recently. In the last 20 seconds there is a ghost vocal that I had never heard. Originally it was 4 notes which were indistinguishable but clearly there. 

Even more recently I upgraded my speakers from Von Schweikert VR4 Jrs to VS VR4 SRMKIII. Now those same notes, while still indistinguishable, have expanded to what seems to be a shepherd faintly directing the flock from a distance.

Has anyone else heard these? I know there are more resolving systems than mine by a wide margin so my question is does it become even more resolved to the point of being able to make out the words?

dadork

It is very faint. @retroactiv Try listening for anything that isn't bleating sheep. I swear it's there. I  confirmed I heard it when I switched back and forth between preamps.

I also did not hear it, from the recent CD release of that wonderful album.

This one of my favorite albums of all time and will check it out.  I just got my new Focal Arias and hoping I can pick up on it.  Great Post!

I use 'Wish you was Here' the backing vocal of Roger W's, when heard on a very few systems the Vocal does substantially increase in Sound Level, to the point it is a Match for Gilmour's.

Not many Vinyl Sources > Phon's, from commercial presentations or visiting the homes of others, where I have received a demo' using this Track, has allowed for this backing to grow to the point the Sound Level is equal.

I have questioned my take on the moment, I don't feel Mr W's ego, would have let it been any other outcome.   

Post removed