Phono pre for Technics SL-1000R (Esoteric E-02?)

Hello!Is there any Technics SL1000R owner? I would like to know if it's easy to match with a phono pre or are any brands to avoid. 
I read some time ago very good reviews about the Esoteric E-02, any experience?
(My amp after de Techincs-phonopre is a 2a3 tube amp)

Thank you guys, I learn a lot every morning with my breakfast reading all the posts I can read. (#whitecamarossteam)
ramon74

Showing 4 responses by chakster

Is there any Technics SL1000R owner? I would like to know if it's easy to match with a phono pre or are any brands to avoid.

You're looking for the phono stage for your cartridge, not for your turntable. What is your cartridge ?

Hi Chakster, you’re right :)
Now i have 2/3 cartridges in my mind for the Technics arm, but in the future my turntable will have three arms with their own cartridges, but this will be in the future. That’s why I think about rhe Esoteric, it has three inputs.

Using 2 turntables with 4 tonearms i have Gold Note PH-10 with two inputs and each input can be set to MM or MC with adjustable gain and loading. This is one of the modern high-nd phono stage i could recommend for use with a turntable with 2 tonearms connected to one phono stage (balanced output is also there if needed). This is solid state phono stage with optional external power supply PSU-10. 

If your line level preamp has many inputs you can buy many phono stages (just like you gonna do with tonearms and cartridges). There are some very modest but high quality phono stages on the market. I like JLTi for example.   

If you have unlimited budget and like Japanese high-end you could try this VIDA.  

It is not necessary to use ONE phono stage for all your cartridges, especially if you don't know yet which phono stage you like the most. 

It's much better to try at least a few separately, because it can be a Solid State, Tube, Current-Injection, Hybrid .. etc ... and they are all different. Also it can be an MM phono and external SUT or Headamp for your MC cartridges. Nobody knows what you like and no one can tell you what's the best.