Phasemation cart on Technics

I recently got a Phasemation PP-500 and it’s fantastic. Part of the pulling trigger was something I read where Technics would demo the G with a Phasemation PP-2000. Given these are the same weight I figured it would work.

its sounds great and only 5 hours on it so far but I wonder if I set it up right. I used the jig and had to add the extra Technics weight to the arm as the cart is a little heavier. It’s listed at 8x10-6 whereas the outgoing cartridge is 10x10-6. 

I am eyeballing a heavier arm that’s said to be a great match with the PM carts.

as of now it seems like the lower mids are light though bass is punchy. 

Wondering what else I can do to help things.

thanks

gochurchgo

You can play with the VTA by setting the Cart' Body Level to the LP, or a Little Toe Down / Heel Down.

It is not uncommon to see where Cart' users have selected a Heel Down alignment as their preference.

This can be achieved in a controlled incremental measure by putting playing cards under the Wand until the Wand is levelled / Cart' Bottom Face Levelled. Adding / Removing Cards will then change the angle to the LP, p, when the    

@pindac  thank you. I will revisit this. I guess I wonder if the tonearm/cartridge compliance might also have something to do with it?

It’s only 5 hours old. It feels like you wanna send your baby for a facelift already. Give it at least 50 hours to break in. Also, the new suspension is usually a bit stiffer, lower in compliance, than spec. For a few of those break in hours, you might try setting VTF near its upper limit.

By the way, you seem to be conflating weight with compliance. At least the numbers you quote look like compliance data. But yes, for a low compliance cartridge, like yours seems to be, you want a tonearm with high ish effective mass ( not “weight”). Effective mass reflects the distribution of the mass of the tonearm, from counterweight to headshell/cartridge.