Phasemation cart on Technics

I recently got a Phasemation PP-500 and it’s fantastic. Part of the pulling trigger was something I read where Technics would demo the G with a Phasemation PP-2000. Given these are the same weight I figured it would work.

its sounds great and only 5 hours on it so far but I wonder if I set it up right. I used the jig and had to add the extra Technics weight to the arm as the cart is a little heavier. It’s listed at 8x10-6 whereas the outgoing cartridge is 10x10-6. 

I am eyeballing a heavier arm that’s said to be a great match with the PM carts.

as of now it seems like the lower mids are light though bass is punchy. 

Wondering what else I can do to help things.

thanks

gochurchgo

You can play with the VTA by setting the Cart' Body Level to the LP, or a Little Toe Down / Heel Down.

It is not uncommon to see where Cart' users have selected a Heel Down alignment as their preference.

This can be achieved in a controlled incremental measure by putting playing cards under the Wand until the Wand is levelled / Cart' Bottom Face Levelled. Adding / Removing Cards will then change the angle to the LP, p, when the    

@pindac  thank you. I will revisit this. I guess I wonder if the tonearm/cartridge compliance might also have something to do with it?

It’s only 5 hours old. It feels like you wanna send your baby for a facelift already. Give it at least 50 hours to break in. Also, the new suspension is usually a bit stiffer, lower in compliance, than spec. For a few of those break in hours, you might try setting VTF near its upper limit.