Pet audiophile peeves - name yours

1. Power supplies that are not the same size or finish as the preamp. Who decided this was a good idea?

2. Ridiculous and obvious snake oil salesman
kublakhan

When I make every effort to ask all the right questions of a seller (pertaining to re-examining and disclosing any cosmetic, functional, or shipping concerns) and their equipment still arives with blatant/obvious issues absent of any shipping-related reasons, I really get irritated at the complete waste of my time (almost a dozen times). This goes for inadequate packaging concerns, and the disceptive substitution of original packing materials, ie; any old "box".
Sebrof,

People with nice gear that I'd love to own, but when you look at their system it's in the living room with no room treatments, one speaker behind the couch and the other one halfway in the fireplace with a huge TV in the middle. Then they post about some minor change they made, like they changed their cable lifters from ceramic to hi-temp ceramic and the result was "jaw dropping - You gotta try this!"

Good one!

It makes you wonder about those that report similar jaw dropping effects on minor tweaks and yet they share no setup pics at all !
At the moment, receiving a D.O.A. speaker, well packed with no damage to the box or cabinet, having paid $100 for shipping/insured and being told by the seller, I need to wait for UPS inspectors to make a determination before I ship it back, at my loss for a PayPal refund... I suppose crossover damage could have been done during shipping, I don't know, just pretty discouraging...
Shadrone, Perhaps some folks are extrodinarily affluent and just don't wish to embarrass the 'ordinary' folks by showing (off) their set up. :-)
My greatest irritation is I can't spell and its too late to edit my last post! :-)