Personal speaker evolution

OK, so here is a thread I haven't ever seen here: What speakers have you owned? starting with the earliest, price paid, new/used, and perhaps the models that really impressed you (for the price) in CAPS.

Rat Shack Something or others, $120, new
Fisher Something or others, $280, new
ADS L710's, $550, new
Snell A2i's, $1100, used
BEVERIDGE SYSTEM 3'S, $1000, used
Martin Logan CLS, $1400, used
MARTIN LOGAN SL3'S, $2300, used
pmwoodward
1. Home made speakers, probably $50/pair.
2. Advents, probably $300/pair.
3. Boston Acoustics, probably $650/pair.
3. Canton LE900, probably $1200/pair.
4. B&W 602's, probably $600/pair.
5. B&W 685's, probably $650/pair.
6. B&W CM5's, $1500/pair.
7. Totem Element Fire's, $6000 pair.
Going back from the present:

Gershman Acoustics Sonogram
Wilson Witt II
Meadowlark Audio Osprey
JBL 4312
This goes back about 8 or nine years. There were probably 15 to 20 others prior to this. While at Sound World in Appleton, Wi. waiting for my freshly repaired Marantz 1250 amplifier to be brought out to me, I was seated in front of a $45K system that blew me away. That was when I owned the JBL 4312's and realized that they were now seriously lacking and nowhere near where I wanted to be. Same went for the rest of my system. Ended up changing out everything.
Ok this has been an interesting road:

1987: Boston Acoustics A-40 Bookshelf speakers. Part of first ever component stereo system which were paired to an NAD 7220PE Receiver and Dual 505-2 turntable (grado cartridge). Paid $160 for the pair.

2001: Infinity Entra One bookshelf speakers. Had to replace the Bostons since they were destroyed at a holiday party (sad face!). But the Infinity's added depth and dimensionality to the sound--overall a pretty decent speaker given that they were purchased at a Circuit City! Went to stereo shops but didn't find anything I liked given my price point. Paid $298 for the pair.

2012: GoldenEar Aon-3 Bookshelf monitors. These bookshelf monitors sound like floor-standing towers! If you're looking for big, detailed clear sound from bookshelf size speakers then run, don't walk to your nearest GoldenEar dealer. But bring your checkbook since the Aon-3s are $998 per pair!
I started many years ago, 1966:

Radio Shack Optimus, 125.00 for the pair. Beginners speakers
Wharfedale W60, 190.00 for the pair. Wonderful base output!
Fisher XP7E, 250.00 for the pair. Wonderful open sound with bass.
Fisher XP9, 325.00 for the pair. Bigger better bass, better output.
McIntosh ML-1C 669.00 for the pair, 1971. Terrific bass needed power!
Infinity Quantum 3, $950 the pair, great sound and bass, 16 yrs owned
Legacy Focus, 6400 the pair, awsume sound nothing close 16 yrs
Last pair. Coincident Pure Reference. Only thing close is Wilson Alexandria , cost was 22K. Expensive? Yes, but worth it, go listen and walk away dumbfounded. I can say that after searching for 45 years.
All of the speakers were good in their day. But technology marches on improvements carry. Many speakers were the "trust me honey this the last one!!"
1. Cerwin Vega's 12" woofer
2. Bose Sat & woofer box system (the worst)
3. Vandersteen 2ce (first audiophile speaker, still have them)
4. Floorstanding speakers of some kind
5. Quad 22L2
6. Chario Academy 2 (best monitor speaker and still use them)
7. Focal Chorus 800
8. Acoustic Zen Adagio Jr. (still have these)
9. Von Scheiwert VR-2 with matching sub
10. Jaton Real A&V 803 (best full range I have ever owned)
I would love to get a pair of Revel Ultima Salons next.