Personal speaker evolution

OK, so here is a thread I haven't ever seen here: What speakers have you owned? starting with the earliest, price paid, new/used, and perhaps the models that really impressed you (for the price) in CAPS.

Rat Shack Something or others, $120, new
Fisher Something or others, $280, new
ADS L710's, $550, new
Snell A2i's, $1100, used
BEVERIDGE SYSTEM 3'S, $1000, used
Martin Logan CLS, $1400, used
MARTIN LOGAN SL3'S, $2300, used
pmwoodward
This first set of speakers were purchased in increments to create my first surround sound system!

Definitive Technology BP-10's (New) $800.00
Definitive Technology BP-6's (New) $500.00
Definitive Technology C/L/R 1000 (New) approx. $280.00
Definitive Technology 12" sub (New) $500.00

After purchasing a new home I decided the look of my family room should be clean with simple bookshelf speakers and store away the Def Tech floorstanders.

So, I purchased (5) Mirage Omnisat V.2 speakers, (New), for $200.00 bucks a pop, totaling a grand.

Ladies and gentlemen, this was a big mistake because Wynton Marsalis did not sound like I wanted him to sound while playing through the Mirages. They were very nice for a small speaker, but the omni-directional concept doesn't come close to direct speakers for 2 channel music.

So, I got the approval from the Queen, (MY WIFE), to improve my speaker dilemna. I graduated to the Paradigm Signature 2's, (New), in the piano gloss finish for about $2,000.00. Sweet, sweet sound, but lacked the bottom end I was searching for.

Final conclusion, I have recently traded my Signature 2's up to the Paradigm Signature 6's, (New), in the piano gloss finish for about $3,800.00, (New). Out of all of the speakers I've had the Signature 6's are by far the best bang for the buck!!!
"pre-audiophile"

Motorola stereo phono with little integrated foldout speaks (first stereo as a kid)

Sanyo am/fm/cassette/phono integrated as an older kid (1st stereo "system")

Then:

Lafayette Criterion short floor-standers with Heil tweeters (model??)

Ohm L (still have these though custom tweaked /upgraded)

Tall, square, shallow Radio Shack/Optimus (model?? these had no bass but otherwise were not half bad) also Optimus, Minimus 7's (still have these), other decent sounding Optimus

Ohm Walsh 2

Magnepan MG1.3c

B&W P6

Triangle Titus 202 (still own these)

Dynaudio Contour 1.3 mkII (still own these)

Ohm "Super" Walsh 2 Series 3 (still own these)

Ohm f-5 Series 3 (still own these)
Sound Design from Spiegel catalog, total system including 8 track $99.99 circa 1970 when I was 16.
Bose 501 in a quad system $600
Pioneer HPM-200 $1000
Kef 103/3 $1500
Martin Logan Scenario $750
Martin Logan Aeon I $2300
Best Buy - JBL rectangular boxes with 12" woofers - $600
NHT 2.5i - $1400 a pair
Canton Vento - $3500 a pair
Krell Resolution 2 - $9500 a pair
Aerial Acoustics 20T - $29,000 a pair

I think I am done for a while. Maybe Wilson Grand Slams used one of these days...
Longines Symphonette plastic shoeboxes (part of a "record player" system) > Emerson Electronics plastic shoeboxes (part of my first "real" stereo system) > Panasonic (part of an all-in-one reveiver, turntable, 8-track player package) > Mission 717's > "better" Missions (model # long forgotten) > Miller & Kriesel Satellite/subwoofer system > B&W "600 something" stand mounted monitors > Vandersteen 1C's.