Peak Consult Princess speakers?

Has anyone had first hand experience with the Peak Consult Princess speakers. If so, what are your thoughts on how they perform - resolution, soundstage, PRAT, etc. Thank you kindly for your thoughts and opinions.
carlos767cf69
By way of comparison it is difficult, only because there are the obvious performance differences (more output and much more low frequency performance from the InCognito-X), and obvious build differences.

In terms of presentation I would say that the Princess is somewhat demur in its rendering, whereas the InCognito-X has more sparkle and life.

Princess has this unspeakable beauty about it, but - like many of the beauties I became infatuated with throughout my life - just a touch distant and somewhat unobtainable. If you love torch songs, Princess is THE speaker for you.

InCognito-X closes the deal and brings you right into the harem's den, full of life and color and energy. In the right room (say, under 300 square feet) InCognito-X does it all ... even pipe organ. 300 square feet is fairly sizeable, though ... that's 15 x 20, and more than most guys have to work with - which means that InCognito-X would be a great choice for most audiophiles.
Hi Kops,

I appreciate your writing me back and it gives me an opportunity to address something important: You are confused about the Peak models. InCognito-X is a floor-standing loudspeaker, 2-way, and is a model above the Princess. It is essentially a full-range loudspeaker. If you are interested to see a picture of it, please go to this link:

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1153691838

After some negotiation with the manufacturer and sacrifices here at home, I have been able to set the retail price of this speaker at $16,500/pair which is an amazing bargain, considering what you get. There is no way by any measure that these speakers are overpriced. They are utterly underpriced for what you're getting, and - while you are entitled to your opinion - please try to base it on some facts:

1) InCognito-X is a near-full-range, 2-way, floor standing loudspeaker
2) InCognito-X is finished like all Peak Speakers, with 1" thick solid wood
3) InCognito-X is not $25,000 - it is $16,500.00

I think - or at least I hope - that this will help you to understand better what the InCognito-X is. I also hope that it helps to calm your strong opinion about it.

InCognito-X has got to be the most underpriced loudspeaker in the world, which is why I react when someone tells me that it is overpriced. Have a look at the link I showed you above and read up on the product. If you get a chance to hear it, and you consider the price ... I think you'll become a Peak Consult owner.
Stereovox - many, many thanks. That was exactly what I was looking for in the comparison. Your description of the Princess stand mounts matches what I heard bang on. It sounds like the InCognito X will be a phenominal speaker - one more that I would love to audition.
Dear Stereovox
thanks for your info, but I'm staying a satisfying Amati Anniversario owner, the right comparison is between Anniversario, Parsifal Ovation and (if I'm not wrong) PC Empress. Although in given chance I'll try to hear the ingognito X but 2way it's not for my primary system and I hope in any price to sell more units than B&W's or JMLabs....
Hi Kops,

Nothing wrong with the SF Amati Anniversario - we all choose the flavor we like, and I respect that. No matter the designer or brand, there is always something that a 2-way loudspeaker can do that 3-way or more cannot do - and that is the beauty of the InCognito-X. You get the 2-way magic that cannot be had in any other combination, but you also get the full range and dynamics.

In this way InCognito-X cannot be compared to a 3-way at all, so you are right - Amati vs. InCognito-X would be an unfair comparison because a 2-way will always have some small advantage over a 3-way. A 2-way is less complicated and there are fewer wave interference and conversion issues, so they tend to create a more organic and whole presentation.

This is why I think some people simply just fall in love with 2-way monitors and can't get what they crave from 3-way speakers. If you ever get the chance to hear InCognito-X ... ;-)