PC vs MAC laptop as music server

Hi All,
Looking for a laptop exclusively for surfing the web and use as a music server.
Will use for ripping CD's and downloading Hi Rez music files (HD Tracks etc..)
Would also use to sync to my IPOD 160gb and connect laptop to ARC DAC7 using USB cable. DAC7 connected to an all Reference ARC system.
Speakers are Verity Audio Parsifal.

Should I go PC or MAC ?
smoffatt

Showing 1 response by jb8312

As a Verity Audio Parisifal Ovation owner and someone who recently set up a music server in my system, I vote the LT. I purchased a "refurbished" MacBokk that is used exclusively as my music server. I ended up attaching a 1 TB Licie Ext HD to get all my music copied and that is working out well.

Everyone I talked to before I made the jump said there is a "natural" compatibility with iTunes and Mac. I certainly have not had a problem.

Overall I am so impressed with the state of digital music servers, etc. Going this route has totally transformed the way I listen to music and, more importantly, rejuvenated my love for music! Since getting involved in computer audio my set is going every night and my wife is loving have such an variety of music that is available at the touch of a finger...

To-wit, make sure you have some money in the budget for an iTouch iPod to use for your remote control...its a must!!

Good luck, John