Pass Labs XP32 or XP22?

I am considering buying Pass Labs, specifically the XA60.8 monoblocks. I am hoping that someone familiar with the preams could advise me.  XP22 or XP32?

Thank you

128x128muaythai

Look elsewhere. Pass amplification is fantastic...their preamps are anemic and not terribly musical, in my experience. I paired my XA60.8's first with an XP20, then an XP30, and was let down considerably with each "step up". I worked with Aric at Aric Audio on a bespoke tube preamp and those Pass amps sang like never before. 

I have long paired a Audio Research preamps with Pass Labs amps. This is a very good combination to get the most out of great Pass amps.

I had the same experience as laaudionut with my Pass XA60.8 amps and XP22 preamp.  The XP22 was nice, it was plenty detailed and has some nice features, but I was missing an emotional connection with the music. After much research, I contacted Aric who built me a special balanced version of his Motherlode preamp.  It is now listed as the Motherlode XL.  It mates beautifully with my Pass amps and has brought a much higher level of musical enjoyment.  Plus, it is less expensive than the XP22. 

I'm so thrilled with my preamp, that Aric is now building me a pair of higher power monoblocks with all the best parts available.  I can't wait to hear them!

I'm happy with a FirstWatt F8 driven by a Van Alstine Transcendence RB 10 preamp.

Backert and believe me you will never look back. I have a Rhythm Extreme paired with a Pass XA 30.8. They sound fantastic together. I’ve been in this hobby since the very early 70’s and I’m here to tell you I felt as if I hit the jackpot with this combination.