Pass Labs XA30.5 -> Line Magnetic 508ia?

As the title states, I'm considering moving from a XA30.5 power amp, using a Primaluna Dialogue Premium preamp (with 60's Mullards throughout) to an intergrated tube amp, the Line Magnetic 508ia. Any owners that have gone Pass Labs to high quality tubes or even Line Magnetic?
Speakers are 90db 4ohm and find the xa30.5 has enough muscle to drive the speakers without going overly loud (I don't listen loud anyways).
There aren't a lot of impressions of the 508ia but everything is quite positive that I do find. My biggest concern is how much current (or high of quality) the power supplies can provide. I'm looking for a little lushness and sparkly highs without getting muddy or really loose with the bass.
msommers

Showing 1 response by hfaddict

I’m in the same boat as @waltersalas Had nothing but a great experience purchasing and owning my LM 508. LM continuously gets much praise for it’s build quality and sound. But there can be a lemon anywhere. The 508 is a dynamics beast and is never slow or sweet. It also has a lot of bottom end grunt and grip, detailed, airy highs when called for with a very palpable mid range. I’m currently running it with 88db speakers until my new ones come in and it never struggles.

I’m a low to medium volume listener most days but when the Scotch is calling the shots, the LM has muscle to spare.

I’m also currently running an LTA MZ2 pre amp but the LM508 pre is no slouch and I could live with it happily. All this and I’m still on stock tubes in the LM.

I’ve only heard good things about the Pass amps as well.

If your current speakers don’t have a SET friendly impedance curve, I’d probably look elsewhere.