Pass Labs xa - .5 amps

Has anyone compared the new Pass XA-30.5 stereo amp to the XA-60.5 mono amps? Interested to hear your impressions. I am considering one (or two) these for use with my ML Vantage speakers. Thanks.

Bob R.
rmrobinson1957
Chashas 1,
I have written a fairly extensive review of the XA100.5 which you should be able to click to next to my username. I don't know how to create a link, sorry. It is very similar to Tvad's desciption of the XA30.5 above, which I have not heard.
For bass detail and speed, consider these determinants:

1) Powercords, particularly on your source components.
2) Amplifier power. Your woofer may have different needs compared to the rest of your speaker depending upon size, #, and crossover design.
3) Interconnects and speaker cables.
4) Room interactions. New components often require speaker position changes, even if you did not change the speaker.

Bass is inherently slow. Large waves in an accoustic hall coming from an acoustic resonating instrument should convey some ambiance. The exception might be when the percussionist dampens the instrument after striking, and the sound should recover fairly quickly. Electric bass is not always natural. Some amplifiers convey an illusion of fast bass through the midrange. I think some people are looking for a type of bass from their system that does not exist. Anyway, the main point is to review the entire system to achieve the sound you desire.
Dear Rtnl - I'm basing my impression of the XA30.5 from the outset that the only thing I change is the power amplifier from the normal situation (Krrel FPB300X) to a new situation (Pass XA30.5). The rest of the equipment, romm etc. is unchanged. Krell are famous for bass control, so its not supprising that other amps have other traids.

By the way, I use Exactpower EP15A on cd and preamplifier.
Hm, I guess it's not my cup of tea. I concur with the no-glare, that part was beautiful, especially for voices. The rest, well, just didn't cut it.
Post removed