Pass labs x250.8 stereo amp in San Diego?

I know this is a shot in the dark. But does anyone in San Diego have this amp that I could audition? Pass Labs says they don’t have dealers in San Diego. With audio conferences cancelled, I’m not sure how else to audition amps.
pennpencil

Showing 6 responses by pennpencil

Thanks for your thoughts. The restocking fee + roundtrip shipping is about $600 if I returned the amp. But you're right, flying to Reno to hear the amp is different from auditioning it with my speakers, etc. It's just a bit crazy to spend so much money without having heard the amp I've read so much about. But, given the covid lockdown, my only choice might be risking the $600. Thanks!
@adg101 I currently have a McIntosh 6700, RME dac, and BW 803 d3s. Just looking for more dimension in the sound.
Thanks, everyone. Looks like no one in the San Diego area has a Pass Labs x250.8 to share. I talked to Mark at Reno Hifi. Good guy. The return fee is about $1000. In other words, I basically can't return it. From everything I read, I can only imagine loving this amp. It's just hard to know how much different the amp is from my McIntosh 6700 and if the difference is worth the price of the amp. I'm tempted to purchase the Pass Labs sight unseen but it's definitely risky, given personal tastes. Has anyone compared a McIntosh to the Pass Labs?