Pass Labs Preamps with tube amps?

I see plenty of search results for tube preamps with pass amps, but curious who’s experienced pass preamps (XP-10, 12, 20, 22) feeding low watt tube amps. Specifically SET amps, but any tube experiences would help.

I will be setting up two amps to swap between. a low watt SET amp and a solid state. My main amp listening being SET tube amp. 

128x128kray

From my own experience, Pass preamps overall fail to meet the characteristics of their excellent sold state amps. In general I have found the tube preamp paired with solid state amplification to be a much better match, as you have noted. 

@laaudionut so no experience with a Pass preamp feeding a SET tube amp?

I have several friends that will never rid of their Pass preamps, but with solid state, so trying to get folks that have experienced them with tube amps. 

No, after my experience with Pass preamps(XP-20 and XP30), their sterile and lifeless characteristics, I would not compromise any decent amp, tube or sold state, with Pass preamps. My opinion and stated with no offense intended, those still hanging on to Pass preamps are kidding themselves. Tube preamps are the way to go! 

Friend had great success with Pass XP-22 preamp and Thor tube mono blocks....I always felt the Pass XP were a big step up from the X series