Pass labs krell parasound amps

Hello, Looking for feedback on the best sound and reliability of these amps, how do they compare to one another. Looking to spend 5-6k on used amp from these choices: Pass Labs x250.8, Krell Duo 300xd, Parasound jc5 or Mcintosh Mc312.

I have Mark Levinson no526 preamp and Revel 228be speakers and like a very open, transparent sound with deep soundstage. 

Thanks for your response. 

lnitm

@invalid Yep.  They were ranked as one of the ten most influential amplifier designs of all time.  I don't really compare mine to anything else - I am just deliriously happy.with it.  I also use it to drive KEF Reference 1 speakers.

My Krell replaced a Quad 100-Watt 405-2 which uses a very clever design where a small class A amplifier "tops up" a beefier amplifier.  This idea was later used by Devaliet.  Peter Walker of Quad defined a perfect amplifier as "a straight wire with gain".

Parasound JC 5 is the best bet for you imo 

I don't think enough people have heard it so the comments here are not in line with its value ... and it's definitely not an A21, far superior 

In terms of design, component and build quality I too would have to give the checked flag to PASS LABS (Nelson Pass "FIRST WATT")

If a tube amp, was your preference then the award would go to AYON for the same reasons. Performance in both cases would excel, paired with virtually any of the top-ranking loudspeakers, both past and present,

The other amplifiers you have mentioned, and also several that you have not mentioned would fall closely in line, especially if your budget has limitations.

Another aspect that I rarely see mentioned is resale value. You rarely see a PASS LABS amplifier or other component on the used market. That in itself, says a great deal about NELSON PASS'S designs. Furthermore, you almost never see any of the PASS LABS products obsoleted or updated. They remain a standard year after year. If you have the funds, hopefully this will help in the decision making. 

I would also lean in the direction of a pair of monoblocs and their top tier preamp (That's if I could afford it)

One final passing comment; - - - Quite recently, based on performance for the buck, I recommended to a close friend, a pair of PARASOUND monoblocs and their top tier preamp. Paired with DYNAUDIO "SPECIAL FOURTY" Floor standers. After 30 days his appraisal was absolutely, and totally " incredible realistic sound."

My friend also happens to be a musician.

And much less expensive!

Interesting thread. I can also vouch for Pass. previously had a Classe and now own a XA25. Built like a tank but sounds like silk. Very fluid, non fatiguing. I am intrigued by the Coda 8 after reading about the shared experience. Not sure I would venture with Krell right now. My cents!