Pass 600 Monos vs Krell 350 monos

Although these are oviously different in power,what would be considered the best choice for R&B type music,with B&W N802's..i chose this comparison because price was in my range.
otoohot

Showing 1 response by dan2112

Otoohot, Are you considering new or used in your price range? If you are considering new equiptment I would highly recommend two amps - the Boulder 1060 and the Accuphase A-50V. I have not heard the 1060 in my system, but a source whom I trust has told me the 1060 is more detailed is a very good match for the 802. If you like more air and liquidity without giving up detail and slam I would also seriously take a hard look at the A-50V. Both of these units are hard to find used (That is why I asked if you are buying new or used.) I am currently auditioning an A-50V on my Nautilus 802 fronted by dCS gear and so far - it is amazing. Air, Liquidity, Detail Slam – it is all there. If you’re planning on buying used then I would also take a look at Rowland 8TiHC or a LAMM 1.1. These are the other amps that made my short list of amps to audition. Hope this helps as I wanted to pass along my experiences with picking an amp for the N802.
-Dan