Parasound JC1 or Spectron Musician 3 se

For Innersound Kaya. I'm using a Parasound A21 now but would like more power. I've listened to Innersound kilowatt monos on my speakers and didn't like the combo. The highs were to hot.
sarcher30
>>Parasound has build issues and run hot as hell<<

Not in my experience.

Which is infinitely more than yours.

Dealer disclaimer.
Sean: I just haven't updated it - to many changes to keep up with, ehhe.. I've sold the 5A's and all the Cary gear.

Tony
Sarcher,

Rereading your original post you stated that you are currently using the A21. Stepping up to the JC-1's is a huge jump in output and control. The A21 has 250W and 60 amps peak per channel. The JC-1 has 400W and 135 amps peak per channel. Also, I didn't see if the A21 had an independent power supply or not but if it doesn't, there is another excellent advantage for drive tough loads.

I don't think you can go wrong with the parasounds. There are so many owners driving their systems with the JC-1's. "50 million people can't be wrong" :-)

The resale value is really strong on these amps so worse case is you pick up a pair, evaluate them and decide to resell. You may eat shipping costs but you will certainly get your investment back. A small price to pay to audition one of the most respected choices for SS amplification for electrostat owners.

Good luck and let us know what you choose.
For what its worth,
I know of 2 very committed Mcormick DNA-500 lovers that have both opted to go to Spectron Musician III SE amps.
Because their green?
Potential as mono block for 1800 watts into 8 ohms ?

Many reasons to go.
Hi Guys, I ended up getting a used Innersound DPR-500. The DPR-500 has much more control over the panels than my A21 did. Drums sound much more realistic now. Its not bright like the former Innersound Killowatt monos I auditioned.

Also I auditioned Sanders Sound new speakers and electronics at RMAF and heard no brightness either. So I can only guess that the killowatt monos had something wrong with them, or it was something else in the setup.

I checked out the Spectron-SP tech room also. I didn't hear any sonic anomallies to speak of but it just didn't move me. Could be different in my setup. Who knows.

I was seriously thinking about the JC1s or a tube amp, but I think the heat would be to much for my small room in the summer.

Cheers
Sean