Parasound halo JC2 what a joke

Had a jc2 power button fail because the glue that mounted it on fell off ! I guess they glue the input and power buttons on to the face plate . So I sent it out to get fixed , $175.00 with shipping and the repair shop put a small scratch in the face plate . The repair shop is like that must have been there I didn't do it . I call parasound and talked to the owner he said he would talk to the repair shop and call me back . 2 weeks later I called him back and he thinks i'm pulling a fast one on him or something ! If I dinged the front I would have said put a new 1 on . I drive a new caddy I think I can afford it ass$#@# .
magnum44
Okay, I just read the JC2 manual and found the Ventilation Requirements section which is included below:

Because the JC 2 is a high current class A design it is always slightly warm to the touch, even when in standby. To reduce the chance of your JC 2 overheating please follow these guidelines:
• Install your JC 2 away from heat sources such as heating ducts, radiators, or heat-producing components.
• Always position the JC 2 horizontally.
• We recommend that you do not place the JC 2 above a power amplifier.
• Do not install the JC 2 in an unventilated equipment cabinet or compartment. Pockets of stagnant hot air can build up even in cabinets with open front and back sides. A ventilation fan such as the Parasound Zbreeze is highly recommended to prevent “hot spots” in confined spaces.

Okay, it says it runs "slightly" warm. my guess is Maggy44 has his directly above his amps or next to a baseboard heater of some kind. Perhaps he measured it before the cabinet interior had cooled down. Whatever.
I agree with Larryi. The JC2 is specified as consuming 25 watts of AC power in standby, and 30 watts when turned on. For a preamp of its size and weight (24 pounds), a consumption of 25 watts seems to me to be perfectly consistent with a temperature rise on parts of its housing of perhaps 20 degrees or so above room ambient temperature. In other words, to about 90 degrees F.

I don't see that as being of any significance, as long as a modicum of common sense is exercised with respect to placement and ventilation provisions.

Regards,
-- Al
Omg it's not in a cabinet , plenty of ventilation around it . When everything is off for days its still 90 . Sometimes my savannah cat sleeps on it . Lol
What in the world does the Caddilac mention have anything to do with wealth?...it does reveal class however.
My new caddy turbo is a piece of junk ass well . I have to tighten the turbo once a month . Oil is leaking out of the engine seals , not dripping . Its fast and cunffy but for 50k you would think they could keep the oil in the engine .