Parasound Halo Integrated.

Hi all, I need some help. I just bought a used one for use in a second system. One of the reasons I decided upon it was the fact that I thought it supported Airplay. I was looking to stream to it wirelessly from my Macbook Pro. I was thinking I could hook it into my home network and that would be all I needed to do. Obviously that's not the case so I hoping someone is in a similar situation and could lend me a hand in finding a way to stream to it wirelessly. Thanks in advance!!
michaela

Showing 5 responses by 213runnin

If you don't mind, michaela, what speakers are you pairing with the Parasound, and how do you find the sound?  Any cabling preferences?
Thanks so much! I’ve had my eye on the Parasound.  It apparently has a great phono and dac section.
I'll venture an opinion on that.  For those that have a critique of the LS50's, harshness or brightness in the upper registers is something mentioned.  I owned the P7 and A21 and found them quite good, but one or the other did not reveal the last bit of air in music.  I never noticed this immediately, and had speakers that were somewhat laid back, so it probably wasn't the best combination.

Anyway, what I've read on the Halo integrated is that it's dead neutral, so I think it would be safe to say any top end hotness would be limited to the music being played and whatever the LS50s might be doing.
Ah, but of course you are missing the all important details.  What DAC and separate phono stage sounded better you yourself?
Thank you, those components are indeed pretty special, and I'm not surprised that the Halo Integrated couldn't match them.  My DAC and separate phono pre are pretty basic stuff so I might see an upgrade in SQ all the way around.  Schiit Mani and Bifrost Multibit.