Paradigms not producing enough lows ????

I have a set of Paradigm 60's being driven by a Pioneer Elite 110W x 7.1 receiver. The speaker are bi-amped. I do not have a sub nor center channel yet.

When playing music or movies there are NO lows at all!! I have reset the Pioneer so that all EQ setting are at default levels. Yesterday, I tried using the speakers along with the internal speakers on the TV and the TV actually filled in the sound that was lacking on the Paradigms. Obviously the Paradigms produce a much cleaner more appealing sound, but no lows.

Am I destined to buy a sub to fill things in? I'm not talking about the ultra lows, but even the lower tones of voices seemed missing.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Boris
bkaushansky
Bi-Amped with a Pioneer Receiver? I doubt that. I guess you could use the A/B speaker outputs simultaneously but... I dont think that is equivalent to bi-amping.

I agree with Bob Reynolds... How did you accomplish this?
Thanks all for the responses.

Pioneer elites give the option of using the two rear surround channels as bi-amped fronts. (7.1 becomes 5.1). This is menu driven and I have set the receiver to do this properly.

Wiring:
I ran 2 lead (1 left, 1 right). Each lead contains 4x 14 awg conductors. I removed the links on the binding post and connected on pair of conductor to the upper posts and the second pair to the lower posts. I have rechecked the wiring and all is fine including the phase.

I read the manual and although the speakers were set to "Large", the crossover point was set at 80hz. I lowered it to the lowest setting, 50hz. Slight improvement, but nothing to write home about.

Any other ideas?
Thanks for your help!!!
Go into the expert mode(menu setup) and select bass level - increase the bass until the volume of bass is at listening levels you are comfortablewith (mine went to about 50hz) - Hope this helps - thymanst
Post removed 
Okay if you were able to lower to extension then you have it configured with a sub. Change receiver settings to no sub.