Paradigm Studio 100 v.3 or B&W 703?

Any thoughts on these products. Both are new versions of existing products. Thanks.
adiorio223e

Showing 3 responses by aball

I am assuming you have already at least auditioned these pieces to narrow them down to this short list. If you feel sure that these are what you are after, I would go with the Paradigms as well. I owned a pair of B&W N804 speakers and sold them for Studio 100.2s. I haven't regretted it one bit except that the 804s looked better. The 100.2s are wonderful speakers if you give them good clean power. Their dynamics are impressive and I don't find them to be unclear at all, regardless of the input. Compared to the the B&W, the bass is more full, the mids are richer, and the sound is overall more "coherent" which gives great rhythm to all types of music. I use McIntosh amps with mine, chosen over McCormack 125, Classe 100, and Krell KSA 100 (among others) in my system. Audition however because synergy doesn't come easily. I haven't yet heard the new versions so in my recommendation I am assuming they continue with their respective family-sound characteristic. Best of luck - Arthur
I auditioned the N802 but owned the N804. I reread my previous post and I did get it scrambled somehow. Seems like I consistently got 802 and 804 swapped around that day. All the posts before that one are correct though. The 804s were a great local deal so I bought them to try them out. I didn't like the treble much and prefer the Paradigm IN MY SYSTEM (that includes myself). I have auditioned the 802 a few times at dealers and briefly at home but I can't afford them yet. I am very happy with my 100.2 although the 804s did look better. Arthur
Man, how this forum changed from what it was a year ago. All these self-rightious newbies who know everything.... I think I will go the way of the by-gone regulars I used to chat with here and forget about all this new-found arrogance. It has been a few months in coming anyway. Hope you perfect guys will someday enjoy your music as much as I do mine. Good luck adioro and go with your ears for future reference.