P.S. Audio B.H.K. 300 Mono Amps, B.H.K. Preamplifiers, PS Audio Dac

I must confess that I have owned and heavily auditioned various well known audio manufacturers "please see the list below"!  The purpose of this post is to share any questions concerns I can with you through my personal experiences. Before we get started I do want to mention that I have no affiliation with any manufacture other than my addiction to audio lol. I currently have P.S. Audio BHK 300 Monos, BHK Signature Preamplifier and the P.S. Audio DirectStream Dac playing through a pair of Focal Sopra ll's in a treated room 12 deep x 15 wide. I am 100% digital playing Tidal & Quboz MQA, Hi Res 24 bit, and DSD. I have tried tube rolling in my preamplifier and now the BHK 300 Monos. I have listened my system with my P.S. AUDIO DiresctStream Dac only as well as with my BHK Signature Preamplifier and Dac to snuff out any doubt or theory about what sounds best with this setup as well as with my ARC 160S Tube Amp.

Here is I list of amps that I have *owned as well as auditioned for many, many hours.

*Anthem Integrated 225

*Adcom 575SE

*Audio Research 160S

*Bell Canto 600M

Block Audio

*Bryston 7BSST2

Divalet Expert Pro 220

Gryphon Diablo

Krell Evolution  

Hegel H30

Luxman M900U

Merril Eliment 118

*McIntosh 452

McIntosh 601

Octave Audio V110  

Musical Fidelity Titan

*Parasound A21

*Parasound JC1

Pass Lads X250.5

Pass Labs X350.5

Pass Labs XA160.8

Pass labs XS300

*Plinius SA-250

*PS Audio BHK 300 Signature

Primaluna Premium HP

Primaluna Prologue

Sim Audio W7

128x128blumartini
I have found that using an amp and preamp combo from the same manufacturer provides the best results and synergy in any system. That's not necessarily true with respect to ancillary components.  

I have a question about the PS audio BHK 300 monoblocks. They are connected to Soundlab A1PX speakers. Recently, one amp has turned off twice (clipping) at about 90 DB once using phono and once streaming. With that much amplifier power I am surprised by the amp turning off. Any thoughts on why. The speakers are a difficult load but still I would have thought the amps would manage the load.