P 600 and my TV

I bought a used P600 and I just hooked up my TV (Pioneer Elite 55") and it will not turn on. Is my TV pulling more than 720 Watts? I find it hard to believe that I can't even run my TV on a $2,000+ piece of equipment.
chriskh

Showing 2 responses by underwoodwally

You would be amazed how much power a TV like the Pioneer pulls when it turns on. Initial inrush current could easily shut the 600 down. Look at the Exact Power-2000 A/C Regenerator. Go to www.av123.com. 2000 watts, smaller, and much more efficient than the PS. The review on it says that it is better than the PS
Douggieboy, The Power Plant 600 makes 720 watts of A/C power while the Exact Power makes 2000 watts. This is 66% more power than the large Power Plant 1200 that sells for $3950. Not bad for $1450.00 less money. Plus, per the PS website, the Power Plant 1200 needs a 220 volt line or it will only deliver 1000 watts. The Exact Power-2000 delivers much more current than any of the Power Plants and it does it from a smaller, much more efficient box that is much less costly to run. There is a link to a review of the Exact Power 2000 on their website at www.exactpower.com under the review section. Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity compared it to the Power Plant 600 and felt that the Exact Power was a better device. Check it out.