Outrageous used pricing on older McIntosh

Am I the only one to notice that pricing on older McIntosh gear is bordering on the ridiculous lately? In the last few months, sellers with amps and preamps that are from the 70's, 80's, and 90's are asking within a few hundred dollars of the original asking price! Now I know Mac gear holds it's value very well, but for a used item decades old to be so close to original is ridiculous. Of course, the newest gear is in the "stratasphere" region, but that is to be expected. Anyone else notice this?
sid42

Showing 1 response by jimmy2615

So far most of the posts seem to disagree with Sid42 (the OP).  He did not say anything about 50s-60s McIntosh.  He mentioned 70s-90s.  A lot of the transistor stuff (of course that's all there was...) from that time was not great.  I don't understand why a lot of that gear would sell anywhere near its original price, if that is true.  I owned a C15 and MC300 in the late 90's, retail about $5,500.  It was great gear, and I liked it a lot.  I wouldn't mind owning it again, but now that it is nearing 20 years old I wouldn't pay more than $2,200 for it.