outboard crossover users, how important is the hook up wire from crossover to drivers.

I’m running Shindo and vintage Altecs Valencias from 1968, along with a Jagusch crossover . I’m using Auditorium 23 from amp to crossover, and short runs of Duelund 16 GA (oil tinned copper) from X-over to drivers. I experimented with Belden (orange/black) in there, but preferred the organic presentation of the Duelunds. My Auditorium is 2.5 meter, and the Duelund runs are about 3 ft, so I’m keeping signal paths short. Allow me to cut to the chase...I have purchased an extra run of Auditorium, equal in length to my current pair. I am considering using one of my A23 cables in place of the Duelund. The Auditorium would have to be cut and re-terminated to make this happen. I’m also aware that this would throw an ax in their resale value, but I’m ok with that. I like the Duelund, but as the old adage goes...your system is only as good as it’s weakest link.

fjn04

Showing 1 response by rodman99999

If possible: try the auditorium, without cutting/reterminating, on one channel (in mono), to listen for improved tonality, organics, etc.

If you do hear something you like; overall presentation should only get better, with shortened cables and in stereo.                                                 

Happy experimentation and listening!