Ottawa, Ontario

Hello,

Anyone in the Ottawa area interested in a once a month listening session?

matthew
mcrosier
Another night and another success. This time it was my Totem Model One's and a night of mostly jazz trumpet. We listened to the likes of: Enrico Rava, Hot Lips Page, Lee Morgan, Freddie Hubbard and many more. What they lack in bass they make up for in the mids and highs. I think everyone enjoyed the Totem's, at some point I'd like to listen to the Forest Floor stander.

matthew
The latest get-together involved listening to folk and blues through my newish Fab Model 1 speakers driven by Wavelength Triton Blue 300B amps and a pair of ACI Titan subs. The sound was very nice - open and clean with a firm, well-integrated foundation.

Music included Martin Simpson, Mary Black, Ruthie Foster, two versions of Western Wall (one by Roseanne Cash, one by Emmylou and Linda Ronstadt), and a "vertical tasting" of Greg Brown - some from his 1983 album "One Night..", and some from his recent release "In the Hills of California" from the Kate Wolf Music Festival.

Refreshment was courtesy of three bottles of cask-strength single malt - a 27 year old Blair Athol, a 24 year old Convalmore and an 18 year old Caol Ila.

All in all, another pleasant, successful night.
Hello Matthew: I live in the Ottawa area and know both Paul Chefurka and Terry Patrick. If the membership is still open, please count me in. Regards Bill Krause
Well, we had a meeting at my place last night and it was a great pleasure to spend a few hours with Matthew and Paul. We listened to a wide range of material: Eva Cassidy, Alison Krauss, John Zorn, Doug MacLeod, Walter Leigh - everything from Blue Grass to Classical. A couple of bottles of fine wine, some excellent companionship and great music - really, what more could a man want? (well, okay, there is that). Greatly looking forward to our next get together.
Hello Bill,

Thanks for the note. If you are in the company of Terry and Paul you are walking on rarified air. Great people, who just happen to know a lot about music as well. We will be planning another listening session soon. Send me an e-mail through the Audiogon system and I will include you on the discussion.

all the best

matthew