Oppo UDP - 205

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-205/
unsound
Anyone else who has installed the LPM or LPM SE from OPPO Mod in the 205 care to chime in on any tips or tricky areas for installing?  

Considering this, but not super handy and would prefer it to be reversible if, by chance, I don’t like it. 

Thanks 
rstone.

The LPM SE for the 205 is fairly easy if your not afraid of taking it apart. There are a lot of screws to take out.
 Perhaps take pictures before and as you disassemble.
But, it is basically a direct drop in for the Oppo board and can be easily reversed if you want to sell it. Upgrade the fuse while your in there with a SR Blue fuse.

It takes a while for the new breakin of the caps and such but I think it is well worth the cost and time. 

ozzy

Please forgive my ignorance.....before reading this thread from it's beginning, my plan was to upgrade to a UDP-205 replacing my BDP-105D.  I figured it had reasonably decent DAC's for processing all audio sources to analog prior to output via it's 7.1 analog outputs.  Of course it would serve as my 4K player and various audio disc formats.

After reading, I've learned that a superior DAC would likely be in order and I have identified several options thanks to the thread.  

My 'ignorance' is this:  since the oppo DAC processes all sourced material prior to output to any speaker configuration (ie- stereo, 5.1 or 7.1), how is the external DAC (with only L/R outputs) connected to my main processor (Marantz AV7702mkII) to facilitate analog output to ALL surround channels?  Or is this even possible?

If it cannot, and the DAC is purely meant to deliver 'analog stereo', how is this connection to the main processor accomplished while at the same time enabling the oppo surround capabilities for movies, sacd and DVD audio play? 

My guess is:

From oppo to external DAC:  digital out to digital in

From oppo to processor: multi-ch analog audio out to analog audio in

From external DAC to processor: L/R analog out to Assignable L/R audio in

Then I simply choose the desired sound source on the processor.

Thanks all for your consideration and feed back.  Very much appreciated!

Steve

ps - I'm thinking PSA Directstream Jr. -or-