Oppo UDP-205 Availability

As an FYI for those hoping to buy an Oppo UDP-205 when availability resumes, I was informed by Oppo that those people who registered their email address at Oppo’s website will have the first opportunity at purchasing a unit. I was told that retailers will not receive any players for resale.
I had paid for a unit which through Magnolia Design Center in Atlanta which was a farce. I was told the player was in their inventory. Once informed that I was being mislead I was given the option of having Magnolia keep my payment so that I would be first in line once availability resumed. I declined. The main reason for my post is to inform anyone who left payment with any retailer that they may want to reconsider their decision. 
I’m basing this on a conversation with sales and assuming it is correct information.
mitchchavis

Showing 1 response by lancelock

Hey guys, my Modwright 205 with tube output stage is crushing the other DACs that come through my listening room. I also have the Direct Stream DAC with the latest firmware and the Oppo just blows it away. I haven’t had a 30K DAC in here so I wont make any bold comparison but the Modwright 205 is a bargain at its price. Im enjoying my 2 channel and video.