Oppo UDP-205 Availability

As an FYI for those hoping to buy an Oppo UDP-205 when availability resumes, I was informed by Oppo that those people who registered their email address at Oppo’s website will have the first opportunity at purchasing a unit. I was told that retailers will not receive any players for resale.
I had paid for a unit which through Magnolia Design Center in Atlanta which was a farce. I was told the player was in their inventory. Once informed that I was being mislead I was given the option of having Magnolia keep my payment so that I would be first in line once availability resumed. I declined. The main reason for my post is to inform anyone who left payment with any retailer that they may want to reconsider their decision. 
I’m basing this on a conversation with sales and assuming it is correct information.
mitchchavis

Showing 2 responses by jwm

I disagree. I use to own an Oppo 105 Modright modded player. It beat many higher priced dac's at that time.
The Oppo Modright modded 105 beat the Play Back Designs MPD-5 dac which retailed for 15,000.00. It was not even close. So I still disagree with you that was a great player.