Oppo Ceasing production

Just visited Oppo's web site.  They are ceasing production of all their products and will only do warranty work and firmware support for their products.  They no longer have the resources to manufacture new products.  Didn't see this one coming.
128x128stereo5
I'll also vouch for Allen (allenone973).  He hooked me up with a UDP-205 through Magnolia Audio-Video here in Atlanta with no price gouging.  I also bought a new UDP-203.  I'll decide which to keep and sell the other; I figured it is better to have two and not need one than to have none and wish I had bought.  I also have a BDP-203 that has given me 4 years of service.  
I appreciate it everybody. You were all wise to act when you did. After tomorrow we will almost certainly be sold out. We were down to around 10 at closing time tonight. Better safe than sorry as who knows if Oppo will actually make another run. Looking forward to seeing that pallet full of Oppo show up later this week!
Hi Allen, please add me to your UDP-205 list.  My Audiogon email address is up to date to begin the transaction.  thank you dan

allenone973

what other brands of gear do you sell at your Atlanta location?

Happy Listening!

The upcoming Panasonic DP-UB9000 looks promising. The player supports HDR10+, Dolby Vision HDR, Alexa and Google Assistant voice control (via a future software update), and 7.1 channel audio.

The emphasis will be on audio performance, with the DP-UB9000 having a dedicated audio power supply, a 'high-performance' DAC and an XLR balanced output. Housed in new vibration-reducing casework, a thick steel plate fixes the optical disc drive to the chassis to reduce noise during disc rotation.

It also features the latest HCX (Hollywood Cinema Experience) processor and 4K upscaling and HDR optimisation technology. 

Pricing is yet to be confirmed, but it’s expected to be around $1400. I guess only time will tell how this player stacks against Oppo 205.
More to discover