oppo 105d straightup

Anybody find the your oppo playback just fine without dismantaling it for modding...changing it's character.

Listening to this thing and it sound's descent to me...Yes I know it's not the best and most expensive...I have had a lot of players and am not new to this game...Just curious to hear what other's have found?

yes I know there some that will pipe in and bestow the benefits of modding...not interested...want to hear from people that aren't on the modding bandwagon.
digsmithd

Showing 2 responses by rshad0000

digsmithd,

Sounds like i have a system very similar to yours. I have an EVS moded Oppo, which in my opinion sounds great, and i run xlr in to my KWI-200. It sounded ok but seemed to be a bit rough in the highs until i bought some new power cords from Triode Wire Labs.
I never put much faith in power cords but a digital American on the Oppo and a Digital High Current American on the Modwright KWI200 made a really be difference. More musical and quieter background and, more important, smoothed out the highs.
I had shunyata black mambas before i switched. Im not trying to sell anything because everyone has their own personal perferences but i was pleasantly surprised by the Triode cords.

I think they have a free trial period which is outlined on their website.
More to discover