oppo 105d straightup

Anybody find the your oppo playback just fine without dismantaling it for modding...changing it's character.

Listening to this thing and it sound's descent to me...Yes I know it's not the best and most expensive...I have had a lot of players and am not new to this game...Just curious to hear what other's have found?

yes I know there some that will pipe in and bestow the benefits of modding...not interested...want to hear from people that aren't on the modding bandwagon.
digsmithd

Showing 1 response by lissnr

You've heard some good answers...namely: for the price it does a good - very good job versus your system's level of sophistication. As for single box CD players you will probably have to add at least 2X-3X its price for a better stand-alone unit. On the other hand you can take that extra $$$$ and put it into one of the latest great value stand-alone dacs and use the 105 simply as a transport (which is what I have it for) and the overall sound quality vs. $$$$ spent is now excellent while all its other [numerous] abilities are icing on the cake; just keep in mind the added cable can tend to throw this equation off a bit, depending...
Also very significant: their warranty, customer service, and reliability are all very very good: an important point.
Enjoy.
More to discover