Oppo 105 and Hegel H160 DACs

'Sup?

I have my Oppo 105 feeding a Hegel 160 integrated - which I just got and am so far extremely happy with. However, does this combo render the Oppo's Sabre DAC meaningless? Am I hearing just the Hegel's DAC? And is there any way to by-pass the Hegel DAC by, say, running a digital cable from the Hegel to the Oppo to start a loop?

Should I look for a decent transport and move the Oppo to another system? I'm not really interested in getting a streamer or going that route at the moment.

Thank you in advance.
128x128simao
Where do these guys come from that indicate that all dacs sound the same and you need to see specs that will tell you which dac will sound better?
you don’t need to see any test results to know what sounds better, you have 2 ears that will tell you which 1 you like better. Who gives a s$&$ if reviewer a or reviewer b said about this piece or that piece? This poster owns both pieces and it’s so easy to compare each dac. Just get a good/excellent digital cable that at least equals the quality of the xlr cables you are using (don’t use usb unless you have to), and all you have to do is switch inputs on the Hegel while playing music. 
The Hegel H160 is an excellent integrated amp and do deserve better CD transport than the Oppo to perform at its best and I agreer with @bstehno the OP need to take his amp to nearest dealer and to compare different cd transports I do recommend the Cambridge Audio CXC a very good value for money and good coax cable of course is a must, Unfortunately many have a fixation for the Oppo but they don’t understand that first of all it is a blu ray not a dedicated cd transport ,the Hegel do deserve better transprt for music hearing and the Oppo should be left for what he was design initially -for watching movies !

Here's a but. I just bought the Oppo 105D at Best Buy open box. Not that happy with the sound compared to my older discontinued Rotel 1570 CD player, but could be my amp, a very old European Pioneer A-120D 100 watts per channel integrated amp (no one in the US has heard of it) with Vienna Acountics Mozart tower speakers. Amazingly, the Rotel, Pioneer, VA combo sounds significantly better than the same combo with Oppo 105D, sounded "thinner," go figure. Didn't make sense, so I swapped out the Pioneer for a $4500 McIntosh MA5200 integrated amp I tried out. Rotel, Pioneer A-120D and VA Mozart towers still sounded "fuller" than the Oppo, McIntosh and VA speaker (although the Oppo definitely had better definition, particularly in the bass, just more "thin" in the mid range and treble). I decided to keep the Oppo because I read such good reviews about its DAC as being even better than the Oppo 4K dvd's and DAC's 2x and 4x more money (and they are selling on eBay for 2X to 3x what I paid). But (here's the but), there's got to be some combination of amp and/or maybe speakers that will make my Oppo 105D sound much better than the Rotel, Pioneer, VA speakers combo I have now. I just don't know what next component to try to bring out the best in my Oppo 105D vs my current clearly less highly regarded components (maybe except the Vienna Acoustics). Any insights or suggestion on how I can get the best out of my Oppo 105D so it actually sounds as good or well it should sound etter than my current set up (I returned the McIntosh MA5200)? Thanks. Bob the aspiring Audiophile. 

Don’t bother with the Oppo,if you’re looking for serious improvement the next step is a pure CD transport such as the Cambridge Audio CXC or other one if you can afford to spend more connected with good coax cable straight to the McIntosh 5200 that already has very good inner dac that will outperform  the Oppo dac :You’ll notice huge improvement at the dynamic range, transparency and agility.