Opinions on newest NHT Absolute Zero

I'm considering buying the newest in the "Zero" line from NHT, the Classic Absolute Zero. I know the Super Zero got tremendous reviews from every source I could find and it looks like the more recent Absolute Zero should be even better, but I can't really find many good reviews.

If anyone owns or has had a chance to listen to the Absolute Zero speaker from NHT, I would love to know what you think.

In my setup, they will be placed on a bookshelf in a 16'x20' room that is fairly live. Since the Absolute Zero is an enclosed design with bookshelf placement considered in the design, and with NHT usually making a warmer speaker, it seems like a good fit if the sound quality is up to par.

Any help is appreciated!
128x128heyitsmedusty
I have a friend using this same speaker with a Teac mini receiver and Teac mini CD/DVD player (500 series) in a similar sized room. She has the speakers on a glass shelf inside of an open back bookcase about 5 feet high and about 3 feet from the back wall. Signal Cable interconnects and speaker cables. The sound is impressive, no low bass, but a real sweet mid-range. If you want a bit of the lower bass, consider the NHT Classic 2.

Regards, Rich
Thanks, Rich.

I'm pretty sure the Absolute Zero is made to be used with a sub of some kind.

I'll be using the speakers with a Velodyne CT-120 sub, so I'm looking for the quality of the mid- and high-range response.
Thanks for the suggestion, Null. But, as mentioned in the opening paragraph, I'm placing the speakers on a bookshelf. Here are some details on that:

the bookshelf is backless and where the speaker sits it will have wood below it, above it, and to the right of it, but nowhere else. I heard the NHT Super Zero would be good in this position since it uses acoustic suspension rather than a ported design. I'm just wondering if anyone has actually listened to this speaker and has an opinion on it before I pursue finding some to test for myself.
The NHT's are one of the few speakers that I have experienced that do well with inside bookcase placement. I used a pair of NHT SB2's in this way for a number of years. With a backless bookcase, the NHT's should do even better. In my friend's set-up mentioned previously, her bookcase is more of an glass and wood, open rack affair. Her room has only window/venetian blinds and light rugs, so the room is pretty minimalist/live. I was very much taken with how good the system sounded. The music played was Talking Heads, Morrissey, and Sinatra.

Besides acoustic suspension design speakers, you can also consider front ported designs. For the money though ($260 a pair at J&R Music with free shipping), this speaker is very hard to beat.

FWIW, other speakers that I have tried with bookshelf placement and how they fared: B&W 302 (dreadful), EPOS ESL3 (boxy/ nothing special), Wharefedale Diamond 8"s and 9's (good/ much better on stands), Omega Super 3 (if you are not using tubes, don't bother. If you are, then very good), NHT SB2 (very good), Rega Ara (very good).

Regards, Rich